Saturday, November 12, 2011

Behind

For the first time since NaNo started, I am about 700 words behind. For the first time in ever, I have to compete with Hope, my sister, for the little silver Mac, because it has my writing software on it (and I refuse to switch back to Word. Scriveners runs laps around it).

And I don't mean to call the kettle black or anything, because I am the exact same way, but she is a total laptop hog. I know she's gone from 7:30am to 6:00pm, but I always write best in the dark.

I'm a night owl.

But Hope likes to occupy the laptop at night, when I have inspiration (okay, don't start rolling your eyes at me) to write.

And so I'm 700 words behind. I've resorted to writing in a notebook, I'm that desperate.

So Hope, if you're reading this, if I lose it will be on your conscience.

But no pressure or anything.

No comments: