Monday, November 5, 2012

Bits and Pieces: November

 Picture Find:




Something I Did:

In the spirit of NaNoWriMo, I would like this blog to orient itself around writing until at least December, and then I'll get back to blogging about cats and such. If you aren't doing NaNoWriMo, and hate writing, you've either a) come to the wrong blog, or b) can return in mid December, when I'm sure I'll be worrying about Christmas presents and my new horse.

Anyway, recently I did nothing. I would really love to talk about Once Upon a Time, my favorite tv show. And I would also really like to cry about the new episode last night, but some people haven't watched that episode yet, and so I cannot. 

But just let me do this:

Captain Hook is certainly growing on me.
Nope, this picture is not from last night, so it's not spoilery. *cue evil face*

All-in-all, I don't like pirates. Not even a tiny, tiny bit. So at first I really did not like Captain Hook, nor did I feel sorry for him when his wife died. Though in the past few episodes he has been growing on me like fungus, because he is nice looking, and he is also funny in some parts. This does not mean that I like pirates now, because I don't, but as a character Hook is... okay. 


A Writer Thing:

Even though it is November, I have not been writing much. On Twitter me and a few of my friends did word wars to try to churn out some more wordcount, and they do work, though it is questionable how great the content I produced yesterday was.

I am a professional at procrastinating, as anyone who knows me will be sure to tell you. I can put something off better than anyone else--even when I want to do it, like with writing! Argh, I don't know why I'm not writing. It's like there's a charm over my laptop keys that prohibits me from writing over a thousand words a day. 

Anyway, I have finally decided to at least half participate in NaNo this year, by writing 30,000 words instead of 50,000, and to finish this novel that I started in August named The Glass Girl (or whatever I'm calling it these days). 

It'll be fun. Less stressful than regular NaNos. (Yeah right.)


Song I Can't Stop Listening To:

"Lost Things" by A Fine Frenzy


Yep, call me weird, but I like this song.

No comments: