Friday, August 17, 2012

On Writing and Hair Dye.

Sorry for the lack of updates, guys. Things haven't really been very interesting around here. I've been writing, and holing up in my room, mostly. And despite the fact that I've been writing so frequently, I'm only at 20K words right now. 

I technically wrote the ending to my book today. My story was crawling along so slowly about a week ago, and so I skipped ahead to past the climax and started writing from there. It really sped up the process, and gave me something to write about, though unfortunately, I reached the end today. Like, I finished the story and put that cheesy 'THE END' at the end. I was a bit sad, even though I'm not even finished yet.

I learned a lot about my characters and plot my skipping ahead, though.

By now I've accepted the fact that I'm not reaching 50K by the end of the month. Instead, I'm aiming for a good 30K. And I'll be happy.

Speaking of happy. I dyed my hair last night.

Excuse the awkward photo. I'd just woken up.
It turned out more red than I expected, but I still really like it. So now I'm glad I actually did it.

So yes.

1 comment:

Jennifer Fitz said...

I have a story I did that to. Usually it happens to me the other way -- I never get to the end. But I have one that I finished, except the part where it says, "insert battle scene here".