Sunday, October 2, 2011

Done!

I've done it! I've finished my first manuscript! Huzzah!

I love writing. It's so much fun.

I got, like 74K down, which just barely squirms inside the boundaries for the title Adult Novel (not like it's gonna be an adult novel. I'm thirteen). And technically, it about reaches the deadline for YA.

Just wait till I get into revision, though. I hate revision. I hate it with a passion. I always think, why can't the first thing be good enough? Why do I have to spend yet another batch of late nights going over countless lines of this part needs taken out. Add-- thirty minutes minimum or I didn't get this part because I was tired, and I wanted to go to sleep. Make it easier to understand. Add more action. Add-- an hour of hard labor.

I'm already getting geared up for all those denied query letters from publishers I'm bound to get, too. That's the pains of being an author, though.

Ciao!

3 comments:

Arora said...

Wow. 74k. That's awesome :) Just in time for NaNoWriMo, too. Good luck on your revision!

(And I'm not some random stalker or anything, I saw one of your posts on the YWP NaNoWriMo site. You're blog is very entertaining :D)

Hannah said...

Thanks for the comment!

Vance Family said...

Oh, yeah once I get my novel done, I'm sending queries to publishers that select unsolicited stuff. Sigh.