Monday, January 30, 2012

Post-NaNo Slump Is OVER.

I'm finally writing (seriously writing) for the first time since December 1st--one day after NaNoWriMo finished for 2011, and Chris Baty (founder!) declared that it was his last year as Executive Director of the office of Letters and Light.

I had the post-NaNo slump. The slump that everybody said that I was going to have when NaNoWriMo finished.

Would you believe me if I said that I didn't believe them? I was all like, "Haha that's what people say. People who don't work under deadlines and have a hectic schedule."

"I don't have a hectic schedule, though!" I wagered. "I homeschool. That's the very definition of free time."

I got the post-NaNo slump despite the Keep-it-going-1,000-words-a-day nonsense going through my head.

I think it was because I was writing the sequel to a novel that, on December 2nd, I scrapped entirely and decided to start anew.

Anyway, back to the story I was beginning this blog post with.

A few days ago I forced myself to start writing again.

4,000 words later, I'm still going strong.

And I love my story so far.

Things are happening. People are meeting. The setting is incredibly incredible.

I'm in love with my characters.

Ah, young love.

No comments: