Tuesday, September 13, 2011

The Blue Bead

Sometimes I like to sit on our front porch and look out at the grand view of the country before me.I like to watch the birds, and the very rare car that may pass by our house (It's usually the same one: a gray-ish brown Dodge Ram, with that electric worker trunk). I also like looking at the log that is half obscured under a pine tree. It looks remarkably like a squirrel from where I sit.


                                                                  I hate that squirrel.

So anywho, I'm not her to talk about the squirrel log thing. I'm here to talk to you about the blue bead.

The blue bead is this flower shaped... thing that sits on our front porch. I don't know how it got there. I don't really know where it came from. All I know is that that bead has been out here as long as we have.



I didn't like that bead at first. It was always there on the porch, watching me. So I tried to make it as miserable as possible.


Take the heat, blue bead!

Then I realized that I was being stupid. So the blue bead and I became friends.


I should have stayed enemies with it. You know why?

Last week the blue bead disappeared. I don't know where it went. I don't know who took it. And now that it's gone, the porch is kind of lonely. I know, it was only a bead. But I'm weird like that. I humanize inanimate objects.

That's the way I am.

No comments: