Thursday, September 15, 2011

Yogurt! And Some Chocolate Milk

Today we made yogurt. Or rather, we're making yogurt, as it isn't done yet and won't be for another three hours. And then there's the process of chilling it, and then adding the flavor...

But I won't get into that.

Why? You may ask. Why are you making yogurt?

Because we have these.

I tried to find a picture of our two dairy goats just now, but sadly failed. Anyway, we have Dairy goats. Huzzah! And they produce-- as in, between their two efforts-- around a gallon twice a day. We've been looking for a way to use up some of this milk, since no one in the family drinks chocolate milk like I do.

I'm going to make cheese sometime, but for now we settled for making yogurt the "pioneer" way, as my Mom calls it (meaning: we plugged in the machine, poured the milk and freeze dried yogurt starter in, and now we wait for the machine to beep).

Sadly, Mom wouldn't let me take pictures because the kitchen was such a mess (I cleaned it up a bit and took a picture after she left).

Here it is:

Well, it looks like yogurt, okay?

None of us are very happy right now. Why can't this stupid phone download pictures? Why can't I find Hope's camera?


No comments: