Monday, October 15, 2012

A Late Acceptance


Back in August NevilleGirl nominated me for an award. It's taken awhile, but here it is--me accepting the award. Liebster means 'favorite, dearest, or dear' in German. So thank you, NevilleGirl!

Official Rules
“The Liebster Award is for bloggers with fewer than 200 followers. Award winners share 11 facts about themselves, answer the 11 questions asked by the blogger who tagged them, come up with 11 of their own questions and tag 11 more bloggers with the award.”

Eleven Facts About Me
  1. I am very bad at potions on Pottermore.
  2. I hate Comic Sans.
  3. Recently I was given a foam gravestone with my name on it in Comic Sans, as an inside joke. 
  4. My light switch cover has Lumos and Nox written on it, in the appropriate places.
  5. I love the BBC show Sherlock.
  6. For Halloween I will either dress up as Loki from the Avengers or a dalek.
  7. My room has tri-colored walls.
  8. On a string hanging from my ceiling fan there is a plastic spider. Sometimes it gets tangled in my hair. 
  9. I love Snapple peach tea.
  10. There is a cat laying on me right now, as I write this. 
  11. I'm currently reading Animal Farm.
 
Eleven Questions From NevilleGirl
  1. Which would you rather put on an iPad: all the books you own or all the music you own? Music, definitely.
  2. What is your favorite city? Chicago.
  3. What is your favorite blog name (not your own)? I Wear Milk Crowns.
  4. What TV show(s) do you hate and why? I don't really hate a particular tv show--if anything, I just don't like comedic sitcoms, because the writing usually isn't great.
  5. What is your favorite cheese? Mozzarella.
  6. What is your favorite sandwich? Tuna salad.
  7. What is your favorite soda? Mountain Dew.
  8. Have you ever read any of Bill Bryson’s awesome writing and if not, why not? I have, actually! My mom is a fan of him and so I sort of got into his writing. So far I've read In a Sunburned Country, The Life and Time of the Thunderbolt Kid, and I've started At Home.
  9. What is the first word that comes to mind when you think of Musings From Neville’s Navel? Severus-Snape.
  10. Which do you like more: dictionaries or thesauruses? Thesauruses; through the synonyms I can sort of piece together what the word means, if necessary.
  11. How do you feel about being asked all these questions, anyway? A little like I'm back competing in the Fair Queen contest, actually.
Eleven Questions That I Made Up
  1. Have you ever ridden a horse?
  2. How many siblings do you have?
  3. How many pets do you have, if any?
  4. Homeschool or public school?
  5. What are your hobbies?
  6. What are your favorite books?
  7. What is your life goal?
  8. Favorite fictional character?
  9. What are your favorite tv shows?
  10. Which do you prefer: chocolate or vanilla?
  11. What is your favorite movie?
Nominees

Samantha Chaffin at Her Inklings

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Severus Snape?! xD Why?

I'd completely forgotten about the Liebster Blog Award...