Monday, October 22, 2012

Halloween and Doctor Who

Halloween is coming right around the corner, then soon after Thanksgiving, and then finally Christmas. My birthday is on Friday, and I will be spending all day at the homeschooling class--perfectly acceptable, if you ask me. 

But first I'd like to talk about Halloween. 

Every year it's always been a big deal in my family what we're going to dress up as for Halloween. Up until a few years ago, we all dressed in themes (my favorite being Harry Potter, my brother dressed as Harry, our little sister Ainsley dressed as a fat dragon, and Elizabeth, Hope and I dressed as witches), but now we just dress as whatever, so long as we put together our costumes. 

This year I've gotten really into tv shows, like Once Upon a Time, Sherlock, and Doctor Who. I've also read quite a few books, and so I would like to dress up as something nerdy. Last year I dressed as this obscure book character that in hindsight wasn't the best costume because it looked cheap even though I did work on it. 

I have made my decision, though, after a lot of deliberation: I would like to be the Eleventh Doctor from Doctor Who



I was going to dress as Loki from The Avengers, but I really feel that I cannot replicate his warrior horns and staff. I also contemplated Katniss Everdeen for awhile, but then decided against it purely based on the fact that there will be a million little Katniss-es running around on the 31st. 

So why did I choose the Eleventh Doctor?


But no. All things aside, I think he's cool. Hope (older sister) is trying to talk me out of it because a) he's a boy and b) tweed jackets are apparently exorbitantly expensive. I think my mind is set, though--unless I can't get the stuff to put the costume together, then I would like to go as him for Halloween.

What are you going to dress up as for Halloween? Or a better question is, are you going Trick-or-Treating at all?

No comments: